Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Natural or commercial anti-aging products?




    I am huge into natural remedies and supplements.  I take an array of supplements daily and even have my skeptical husband on the bandwagon.  This brings me to my current issue...should I stick to my natural roots when it comes to anti-agers?  I am 36 years old and beginning to see age around my mouth, eyes, and a little on my forehead.  I have read blogs, watched videos, and tried many different products.  I am almost embarrassed to even say this, but I even watch Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty and want so bad to find a product that actually works as promised.

     I have spent so much time on makeupalley.  It's a great way to read reviews of all kinds of beauty products and even natural regimes.  It's the peer review that is the most reliable.  There is just so much out there!

     Right now, I am using a homemade cream made with organic coconut oil and vitamin E oil at night and Vaseline Intensive Therapy lotion during the day.  I have heard that we should stay away alpha-hydroxy acids as over time they tend to make the skin appear thin and papery.  Coenzyme Q-10 is excellent for the skin because it reverses damage caused by free radicals.  It regenerates cell production, preserving collagen and elastin, causing the skin to appear younger.

     When we hear that CoQ-10 is great for the skin, we need to remember that it's beneficial to take it internally as well as topically.  I take a myriad of supplements for the sole purpose of anti-aging.  CoQ-10, Vitamin C, Turmeric, and Evening Primrose Oil are all excellent supplements that battle aging and promote cell regeneration.  Many don't know that you can purchase Vitamin C granules to dissolve in water and apply topically to the face.  This is great for the skin!

     I might also add that I suffer from mild adult acne.  It's not horrible but I just hate it.  It keeps my skin from looking clean and fresh.  I currently use Proactive products and am somewhat happy with it.  It does not give the miraculous results I was hoping for.  Walmart actually has an Equate brand of Proactive that I find just as effective as the name brand.

    I am happy with the supplements I take and the Vitamin C I use topically.  However, I am looking for a great cream that I love.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  If anyone is interested in more info on the supplements I discussed, just let me know and I can pass on more info!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go more natural instead of using commercial products on my skin. I look forward to any natural recipies you have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! I will be posting more recipes and ideas as I try them. Watch for some great homemade make-up recipes I am trying now. Can't wait to see how they work!

    ReplyDelete